Thursday, December 8, 2011

Meet Liam Damian Davey

Hi all,

I have returned from no-mans-land! This, my last beautiful semester of college, has been quite a beast. My husband is a senior too, so combined with his Navy duties, the pregnancy and constantly sick animals (plus my recently found addiction to Vampire Diaries) blogging has taken a back seat.

I have been crafting and painting, just too lazy to share. Over Thanksgiving break we took some time to go on a roadtrip to Virginia. 24 hours each way made for quite a miserable drive but the trip itself was great - I'll post pics soon. Love going on adventures with my huz :)

But the main focus of this post is Bebe. I am now 21 weeks and a few days. We had wanted to be surprised by the sex, but I knew it was a boy and wanted it confirmed. I didn't want to get attached to him as my son only to see it was a girl after all (which, honestly, I would have preferred. A boy was never part of my plan, and as callous as it sounds, it is taking some getting used to. I do love him though.).

In any case, it IS a boy. Liam Damian Davey :)
I can't wait to kiss his nose!!

Also, for those interested - we are definitely having a midwife assisted homebirth. I had visited the only local hospital with midwives that our insurance covers to gain some perspective on that, but didn't like it at all. They were pretty rude to me and had a very negative view of the kind of birth I want. So, homebirth it is. As long as we qualify. The last time they took my blood my hemoglobin was very low, which is why I was always so tired, but as long as I get it up by week 28 I'll be fine. In the meantime, I'm taking a ton of natural supplements to help with that. Only four more months and then some change!

Pregnancy is going fairly smoothly. I didn't have much morning sickness, just constant nausea for the first 14 or 15 weeks. I feel great now, back to my normal self mainly, and judging by the ferocity of his kicks, Liam is doing pretty good too :)

21 weeks! My belly was looking rather pointy that morning.

Hope everyone else is doing well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment